Influences of different base spirits on gin
Director & Master Distiller Thames Distillers
Charles Maxwell was born into a family that has an unbroken connection with gin distilling in London since the late 17th century, when his 8th Great Grandfather was apprenticed to a member of the Worshipful Company of Distillers.
Charles has worked in the Spirit and Wine industry for over 35 years, the last 15 at the helm of Thames Distillers, a London based independent gin rectifier and bottler which offers a specialist service creating, distilling and bottling gins for its customers. It has developed over 80 different gins and works in a totally confidential manner with each of its clients.
Many of the gins Thames has developed have gone on to win medals in prestigious competitions, such as the IWSC and the ISC.
Telephone: 020 7720 4747
- Fever-Tree’s part in the Gin Renaissance
- Ginvestment: The business of gin
- Medals and marketing – the effect of spirits competition wins
- Structuring Sensory Practices for Excellence in Gin Quality and Innovation
- Gin in the USA – the American dream?